Bourbon Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
The boys here at Hammerstone’s WhiskeyDisks™ have a serious sweet tooth. And we believe in indulging that sweet tooth once in a while. What better way to indulge than whipping up some Bourbon Caramel Peanut Butter Cups.
Yup, you heard us. Bourbon, caramel and peanut butter all in one tidy little package. These are easy to make. They’re boozy little confections that won’t stick around long. So if you’re smart, you’ll tuck a couple away in a little hidy-hole for when that sweet tooth starts rattling the cage.
And if you’re really smart, you’ll save a tipple of that bourbon and pour it over one of our handcrafted whiskey stones. They chill fine liquors without diluting. And nothing goes better with a Bourbon Caramel Peanut Butter Cup than a little sip of the sweet brown liquor itself.
- 2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 3/4 cups smooth all-natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds chocolate (blend of semisweet and milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3/4 cup thick caramel sauce
- 50 mini candy cups
- Combine sugar, peanut butter and butter in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium-low until combined. Add the bourbon and vanilla and mix until combined. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag.
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler. Once melted, stir in espresso powder, turn off the burner and leave while you work. Use a small brush to coat the bottom and up the sides of the candy cups with melted chocolate, and place them on a rimmed baking sheet. Put them in the freezer until set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chocolate cups from the freezer and use pastry bag to fill them 3/4 of the way with the peanut butter mixture. Next, spoon a little caramel into each cup. Cover the caramel with a thin layer of chocolate. Return the cups to the freezer until set, about 15 minutes.
- Cups can be stored tightly sealed in the fridge or freezer.
Note: Makes 50 small cups.