Every fine bourbon should eventually mingle with chocolate.
Kentucky’s premiere bourbon chocolatier can be found in Louisville. Art Eatables® is the originator of the Small-batch Bourbon Truffle™ and waht sets them apart from most other confectioners in that they focus as much on bourbon as they do chocolate. What’s more, they carefully pick chocolates that accent the complex flavor profiles of America’s native spirit. This is how candy-making becomes art. Often their combinations reveal previously hidden notes in the bourbons they use. By paying strict attention to both the chocolate and the bourbon, they manage to deliver a taste experience like no other.
These decadent treats are substantial, consider them two-bite truffles. Each bite delivering a wave of different flavors, creating a unique tasting experience. They proudly hand dip each one of their bourbon truffle masterpieces. Here’s a list of just some of their offerings:
- Maker’s Mark® Bourbon Truffle – Smooth and approachable, just like the bourbon, the milk chocolate accents the caramel notes of the bourbon and lets the vanilla shine through. This is a full-flavored bourbon and chocolate candy like no other. Features Maker’s Mark® Bourbon Whisky.
- Signature Black Cherry Bourbon Truffle™ – Decadent dark chocolate and pronounced black cherry are up front, while the bourbon gradually swells in. Chocolate, bourbon and cherry all mingle together over the finish. Features Red Stag® by Jim Beam® Black Cherry.
- Black Bourbon Truffle™ – Dense cocoa presents initially, with woody overtones that play on the mellower flavor of the bourbon. While it’s still a surge of bold bourbon flavor, the aging shows more complexity and smoothness. The finish is a pleasing drift of cocoa. Features Jim Beam® Black.
- Sweet Honey Truffle™ – Their mildest bourbon truffle, this confection is creamy and sweet, with only a hint of bourbon flavor developing in the mid to late part of the tasting, and finishes with a high, faint note of tea. White chocolate. Features Red Stag® by Jim Beam® Honey Tea.
- Ol’ Basil’s Truffle™ – They pair an extra dark chocolate to play with the ginger and cinnamon top notes while the milk chocolate accents the smooth caramel and vanilla notes and preserves a spicy finish. The finish is a pleasing drift of cocoa. Features Basil Hayden® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
- Yellow Rose Truffle™ – With this one the bourbon comes into play early. Well-rounded mix of smooth bourbon and creamy milk chocolate flavor. As the flavor heads into the finish, the spicy notes come out and leave you with a pleasing warmth. Features Four Roses® Yellow Label.
- Branch Out Truffle™ – This bourbon is unique in that it uses only corn (51%) and barley (49%) in the mashbill. This results in an earthy bourbon with a subtle body and it’s captured in the truffle. Surprisingly smooth and earthy, it’s less sweet than others. The finish stays with you with hints of chocolate and a bourbon topnote that goes on and on. Features Town Branch® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
- Gobble-it-Up Truffle™ – Dark and extra dark chocolates bring plenty of rich cocoa to the front which keeps the truffle from being too sweet, while still allowing a dense, mouth-filling bourbon flavor with caramel and vanilla notes to come to the fore. Features Wild Turkey® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (81 proof).
- Wood River Truffle™ – Decadent dark chocolate is quickly met by the bourbon and they play back and forth, accenting the wood, smoke and leather notes. At the finish, a high note of cherry comes out. Features Woodford Reserve® Distiller’s Select.
631 South Fourth Street