Strawberry Infused Bourbon, Fresh Fruit, and Vanilla Ice Cream – Need we say more?
Strawberries and ice cream – as with many things in life – is a wonderful treat that can be made even more delectable by adding a tipple of booze. And by booze we mean Strawberry Infused Bourbon, to be exact. We here at Hammerstone’s WhiskeyDisks™ have long believed that ice cream, fresh fruit, and bourbon make the world go round. This dish is ridiculously delicious, and it’s so easy to make that even someone who’s a disaster with desserts can make it. Infuse your favorite bourbon, and then whip up this boozy treat while you make further plans on how to beat the summer heat.
Don’t forget to save a bit of bourbon to be enjoyed alongside this summertime delight. And, pour that bourbon over one of our handcrafted whiskey stones – it’ll chill without diluting.
Ingredients for the Infused Bourbon:
- 750 ml. bourbon
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
Ingredients for the Dessert:
- vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 lb. fresh strawberries
- infused bourbon
Infuse the Bourbon:
- Pour the bourbon into a wide mouth jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Cut the tops off of the strawberries, add them to the jar, then put the lid on the jar.
- Store the jar in a cool, dark cupboard. Shake it every day, letting the bourbon infuse for up to a week.
- Strain the berries from the bourbon.
- Pour the bourbon back into its original bottle, and refrigerate it.
Make the Dessert:
- Cut the stems from 5-10 strawberries, and place them in a bowl.
- Add two scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Pour 2-3 ounces of the Strawberry Infused Bourbon over the top.