Ode to bacon and how we love thee,
For without you and your salty goodness,
Your meaty charms,
We’d be quite hungry.
Bacon is pretty much the best food on earth. Yet, we’ve managed to improve it by adding two other gastronomic superstars: Nutella and bourbon. This sweet and spicy, chocolaty, bourbon-laced treat will blow your mind. It’s so easy to whip up, you’re going to have to discipline yourself to avoid having it for breakfast. We enjoy pairing it with a lovely bourbon chilled over one of our handcrafted whiskey stones. Simply stated, this recipe is a trifecta of awesomeness. Enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 pieces – thick sliced bacon
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl mix sugar, chili powder and black pepper.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange sliced bacon onto baking sheet making sure slices do not overlap. Bake for approximately 8 minutes.
- Flip bacon slices and sprinkle with sugar & pepper mixture. Return to oven and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Transfer bacon slices to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Place Nutella into a small bowl and stir in bourbon.
- Transfer bacon slices to a plate covered with parchment paper. Using a spatula, gently spread the bourbon-laced Nutella onto each bacon slice.
- Place plate into refrigerator and allow Nutella to harden.
- Once coating is firm to the touch sprinkle with sea salt.