Chocolate, Whiskey, Caramel, Bacon and Marshmallow in your mouth. All at once.
They say you can’t always get what you want. Not true. For example: Hammerstone’s Amazing Whiskey Brittle. It’s an easy and delectable treat that features five of our favorite things. And the best part – you get to enjoy them all at once. Imagine, some of the most delicious flavors you’ve ever enjoyed all mingling at once in your mouth. We must admit that while we make this, we like to pour a little whiskey over one of our handcrafted whiskey stones and have a tipple. After all, it’s about the experience and we like most of our experiences to include whiskey. So whether we’re cooking food or eating food, we like whiskey to play a role. Set aside some time with someone you love and make this booze-filled extravagance together. And don’t forget to toast to your shared experience of getting what you want.
- 16 oz of semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup whiskey
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup cooked bacon, finely crumbled
1. Line 8X8 pan with wax paper, one-inch overhang on each side. Place chocolate in double-boiler. Heat on low until chocolate is melted. Pour half of melted chocolate onto wax paper. Then using a spatula, spread chocolate until smooth. Transfer pan to freezer to chill for about 5 minutes.
2. Place marshmallows in a large saucepan and heat until just melted and web-like strands form when stirred. Remove from heat and stir in 5 tablespoons of whiskey. Spread marshmallow mixture over solid chocolate layer. (Tip: spray spatula with non-stick spray.)
3. Pour caramel on top of marshmallow layer, spread until smooth. Transfer pan to freezer to chill for about 5 minutes. Pour remaining half of chocolate over caramel layer and spread until smooth. Sprinkle and gently press crumbled bacon into chocolate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until bark becomes solid. Bring to almost room temperature before cutting into pieces.