Nothing says summer like cooking on the grill, and the best grilling recipes usually call for bourbon. So here’s another quick and easy dessert that involves two of our favorite things: grilling and bourbon. Be sure to save a tipple of bourbon to accompany this fun treat. And, we recommend pouring it over one of our handcrafted whiskey stones – they chill without diluting.
GRILLED PINEAPPLE WITH BOURBON GLAZE
15 minutes • Delicious Boozy Dessert • Serves 4
- half cup bourbon
- half cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- quarter teaspoon cinnamon powder
- half a pineapple, cored, peeled and cut into long wedges
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water 15 minutes
- ice cream
- In small saucepan over medium heat simmer bourbon, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Thread pineapple pieces onto skewers.
- Heat grill to high. Grill pineapple until brown, basting with bourbon glaze and turning occasionally, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove pineapple from skewers. Dice. Serve warm with remaining bourbon glaze and your favorite ice cream.