Winter is still very much upon us and that means cold temperatures and blustery weather. There’s no better way to fight back against mother nature than to arm yourself with a cup of Chocolate Bourbon Eggnog. This recipe for luxurious, booze-filled, chocolaty goodness beats the winter blues into submission. Here at Hammerstone’s Whiskey Disks, when we’re done for the day making our unique handcrafted whiskey stones, we like to treat ourselves to a couple of these sinfully delicious treats along with a side of our Homemade Bourbon Marshmallows. We strongly recommend that you do the same. Because once you do, you’ll find that winter may just be your new best friend.
Chocolate Bourbon Eggnog
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- nutmeg, cinnamon, for garnish
- In a blender or with a hand-mixer, beat the eggs on high for 1 minute. Add the sugar and beat again for 3-5 minutes, until pale yellow.
- Pour the cream, chocolate, cocoa powder, bourbon and rum into a large saucepan and heat over medium-low heat. Do not let it boil. Whisk often until chocolate is melted and mixed in with the cream.
- Pour the egg mixture into a large bowl and whisking constantly, add 1 tbsp at a time of the warm cream mixture to temper the eggs. If you add it all at once, you’ll make a big bowl of boozy scrambled eggs. Once you’ve added 4-5 tbsp of the warm cream, you can pour the rest in slowly while whisking.
- Ladle into mugs and top with a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon. Pair with our Homemade Bourbon Marshmallows.