Bacon Cheddar Bourbon Spirals
Swirls of flaky pastry get filled with bacon, cheddar cheese, bourbon and green onion . A quick brush of egg yolk and 20 minutes in the oven, then they’re ready to enjoy!
It’s football season and that means it’s time to start whipping up some delicious recipes for game time. We can’t think of anything more delicious than bacon, cheddar and bourbon. Especially if it’s all in your mouth at the same time. These Bacon Cheddar Spirals are quick and easy to make. Be sure to set aside some bourbon to be enjoyed over one of our handcrafted whiskey stones. Come end of game, you’ll want to raise a toast to beating both hunger and the opposing team, in style.
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 green onions, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg yolk
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet lightly to remove the fold marks.
- In a small bowl, mix the cheese spread and bourbon together until smooth.
- Spread the cheese and bourbon mixture on the pastry sheet to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Sprinkle with green onions and bacon.
- Starting at a short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Place the pastry, seam-side down, onto a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the pastry is firm.
- Cut the pastry crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Place the slices onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool for 10 minutes.